Friday, 11 August 2017

It felt like Spring


Yesterday in Sydney was a spring day, even though the calendar says it's a bit early yet. I had to be in the city for work super early. The sky was putting on a show of first golden light and ripply clouds as a soft breeze stirred the air and life felt good. The last shreds of winter will soon be gone.



Old and new. St Mary's Cathedral overlooking the fountain and the hidden roof of the Aquatic Centre.




You wouldn't know it was there from this photo (below) would you?





After work - I was on a half day - I went for a walk through Woolloomooloo to Potts Point. I don't know this area. It is often overlooked by the more glamorous and tourist-friendy Rocks and is a curious mixture of Naval Base, pubic housing and expensive waterfront residences. It's steeped in character and history and historical buildings like St Vincent's College  link
I'll be back with more than a iPhone, when I can get out of bed early enough!

Have a good weekend,
Val


8 comments:

  1. I love your pics! The reflection shots are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one had no idea there was an aquatic centre right there! Lovely reflections of a beautiful cathedral Val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discovering parts of Sydney I've never seen before.

      Delete
  3. Sadly we are approaching autumn here which does not make me happy. Your spring looks beautiful

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's how I feel when we are going into winter!

      Delete