Fire and Firemen and Police and Rescue and everyone else turned up to a spectacular shopfront fire in the main street of my town last Saturday. The fire which was started by faulty Christmas tree lights gutted three shops. The smoke was black and quite dramatic so when I saw it from my balcony I grabbed the camera and went there to get some shots. The whole block had been cordoned off. I felt a real stab of envy when Fire Photographers were allowed to go where I couldn't..
Just on a whim I sent them to the editorial desk of my local newspaper who said they would be considered. They ended up using an official Fire Brigade shot from within the shop. Disappointment!
But they did say they were good and to submit shots of future local events. I guess that's some validation.
Linking to James' Weekend Reflections 'cause the first shot has reflections in the floor (any excuse).
Have a happy weekend,